As a leading provider of online safety systems to schools across the UK, Opendium is looking for new employees. If you are interested in applying for any of the vacancies listed below, please send your CV in PDF format to email@example.com.
Please note that we do not accept submissions from recruitment agencies.
Opendium is a small, well-established company specializing in network and Internet security focusing on the UK education sector. We have an excellent reputation for customer service and due to company expansion we are looking to recruit like-minded people to join our support desk.
The role will be very flexible allowing us to tailor the responsibilities of any successful candidate based on their skill set and aspirations. It is essential that the candidate is able to both travel to customer sites and work from home. We envisage 50% of time will be spent working from home.
Due to the flexibility of the role it would be equally suitable for an enthusiastic and committed person with no experience, or a seasoned support engineer looking for something more flexible and exciting. The rate of pay will depend on the level of experience of the candidate in question, and this would be an ideal position for a committed candidate looking to progress their career.
- Customer Service and User Support
- Fault diagnosis and investigation
- Basic Networking; TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Internet
- Ability to learn new skills rapidly with an attention to detail
- Confident and professional in communicating with internal and external bodies
- Friendly and approachable towards customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work from home
- Active Directory, Samba, Linux / Unix
- VPN, Remote Support
- User Support - Provide support and assistance to users via telephone, and remote support
- Visiting customer premises for on-site support and installation
- Updating internal databases
- Possible development work depending on skill set
£15,000 - £25,000